Tips to consider when selecting a summer camp!by Mario Jimenez, MD, MBA on 04/30/11
It's that time of the year when parents become concerned on how to entertain their kids during the summer. Unfortunately, in today's complex and over stimulating world, our children are habituated to multi-tasking and are unable to accept simplicity which may result in anxiety. This makes it difficult for parents to find a summer program suitable to meet their kids ever changing needs.
With this in mind All-Stars Academy would like to provide you with some tips on how to choose the best summer camp.
1. Select a camp that offers multiple activities, which include sports, scholastics and leadership development.
2. Ask about the camps Mission and Vision.
3. Identify hidden fees and cost that may turn out to be more expensive in the long run. Some camps give you a low price for their camp fee, but they charge you extra for daily lunches, field-trips, pre-camp care and post camp care.
4. Make sure the camp has the option to offer indoor and outdoor activities, this will avoid your kids to be overexposed to the heat, reducing the risk of dehydration and heat stroke.
5. Get to know the camp staff and create a relationship that will help your child feel more comfortable and secure.
All-Stars Academy hopes that these tips help you determine which experience is the most suitable for your child's individual needs.
We wish you success in your selection, and may you have a safe and fun summer.